A back-to-back in the preseason (why do these exist?) will have the Los Angeles Clippers quickly forgetting about the ten point loss the team suffered last night against the Portland Trailblazers. Today they take on the Denver Nuggets at home in what should be quite entertaining considering the play style of the two teams. The game beings at 10:30 and will appear on NBA TV for fans nationwide to view. Let’s get into these thoughts:
- I strategically picked out today’s header photography because the team is debuting the #BackinBlue sleeved jerseys tonight. Here is a photo of Blake Griffin‘s jersey courtesy of Madelyn Burke:
- Speaking of Darren Collison, he likely won’t see a 31-point effort in the regular season as long as Chris Paul is healthy, but if he can continue this type of play that $3.8 million the team spent for his services over the next two seasons (second year a player option) will be one of the biggest steals in recent years.
Doc Rivers says JJ Redick (quad), Matt Barnes (calf), Reggie Bullock (knee) & Jamal Crawford (rest) will not play tonight in Vegas. #ItsTime
— Los Angeles Clippers (@LAClippers) October 20, 2013
- It’s unfortunate for rookie Reggie Bullock to be injured during the preseason. With his skill set there was a chance he could have worked himself into the rotation. He obviously wouldn’t get a heavy amount of minutes considering the Clippers are deep at the wing, but five to seven minutes per night could have been in his grasp with a solid preseason.
- Blake Griffin and his jumpshot are looking very impressive this year. Instead of the hitch that disrupted his shot in the past years, Griffin’s form has transformed into a one-motion move. He’s also shooting with confidence. Once he gets that shot up to 38 percent from mid-range he’ll be on his way to being the best power forward in the league.
- I’m sure you’ve all heard the news by now on the Clippers covering up the Los Angeles Lakers championship banners. It’s not shock that move was spearheaded by Doc Rivers. He’s changing the culture of this franchise from the league-wide appeal to the way the Clippers are handling themselves (mostly DeAndre Jordan). Whether the Clippers are playing late in May will completely justify the move to obtain Rivers, but he’s already lived up to half the billing that’s come with his signing.
- Want entertainment in tonight’s game? Keep an eye on Denver’s Javale McGee always and be mindful of the #MULLENSWATCH. Last night Byron Mullens finished the Trailblazers game with 4 points on 1-9 shooting (0-7 from three).