The Los Angeles Clippers will travel to Jared Dudley‘s hometown of San Diego California on Tuesday October 1st to start “Training Camp” on the beautiful campus of the University of San Diego at RIMAC Arena from Oct. 1st -5th. There hasn’t been any word on if there will hold a open scrimmage for fans like they did last season on the campus at USC. Long time Clippers fan such as myself remember when it was held on the campus of UCSB in their small gym. Check back on FullyClips.com for any updates.
Location: University of California, San Diego RIMAC Arena 9730 Hopkins Dr. La Jolla, CA 92093
Monday, Sept. 30 Media Day (LACTC) 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 1 Practice (UCSD) 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m
Wednesday, Oct. 2 Practice (UCSD) 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 3 Practice (UCSD) 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 4 Practice (UCSD) 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 5 Practice (UCSD) 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Here is a projected depth chart going into training camp.
- Chris Paul: Starting Point Guard. Tp 3 vote get-or fror MVP
- Darren Collison: Collison is possibly the best back-up point guard in the NBA will be 2nd in line behind CP3.
- Maalik Wayns: Wayns’s friendship with Chris Paul might pay dividends.
- Mustapha Farrakhan: Farrakhan has a chance to make this team. Wayn’s vs. Faarrahhan will be a great matchup in training camp to pay close attention to.
- J.J. Redick – Starting Shooting Guard. He needs to improve his defense to help them get to the promise land.
- Jamal Crawford - The true 6th Man of The Year will put on another show this season for the Clippers.
- Willie Green - The ultimate professional that comes into camp in shape to do whatever Doc needs him to do.
- Jared Dudley: Starting Small Forward. New shooter in town like J.J., but needs to improve his defense.
- Matt Barnes: Mr. Barnes needs to do what he did last year and “Oh me Oh my”.
- Reggie Bullock: Not sure how Doc will use him if any at all in regular season games, he will make the team.
- Blake Griffin: Starting Power Forward. He must have a better face up game to really succeed in River’s system.
- Antwan Jamison: Clippers have no problem taking his stats from a year ago and bringing them to the Clippers.
- JaMychal Green: Green, Amundson, and Davies all have a chance to make this team and ride the bench.
- Lou Amundson: Lou has the best chance of making the club due to his experience. Blake needs to watch out in practice.
- Brandon Davies: Likely won’t make the team.
- DeAndre Jordan: Starting Center. DJ must have has best defensive season if the Clippers want to win a ring.
- Byron Mullens: Breathing a sigh of relief he doesn’t work for MJ anymore. He’s a stretch big that can hit the three.
- Ryan Hollins: Professional that will see garbage time.
The Clippers have 18 players in Training Camp, when the season begins Tuesday October 29th on the Lakers Home Court at Staples Center. The Clippers will probably carry 14 players leaving them the opportunity to sign a player to a 10-Day contract later in the season.