The Cleveland Cavaliers, for the second time in the last three years, win the number one pick in the NBA Draft lottery. The Orlando Magic get the second pick followed by the Washington Wizards.
The NBA Draft Lottery is an annual event held by the (NBA) in which the teams who had missed the playoffs in the previous season, or teams who hold the draft rights of another team that missed the playoffs in the previous season.
The Los Angeles Clippers will not have a pick in the first 14 picks but will select 25th in the June 27th 2013 NBA Draft.
Draft Lottery Results:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Orlando Magic
3. Washington Wizards
4. Charlotte Bobcats
5. Phoenix Suns
6. New Orleans Pelicans
7. Sacramento Kings
8. Detroit Pistons
9. Minnesota Timberwolves
10. Portland Trail Blazers
11. Philadelphia 76ers
12. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Toronto)
13. Dallas Mavericks
14. Utah Jazz
Possible Players at #1
PF Nerlens Noel – Kentucky/PF
SG Ben McLemore – Kansas/SG
PG Trey Burke – Michigan/PG
My Top 5 Mock Draft
1. Cavaliers, Nerlens Noel, Kentucky, PF, 6-11, 220: The Cavaliers’ medical staff is now on the clock. Cleveland won’t have Noels until at least Christmas
2. Magic, Ben McLemore, Kansas, SG, 6-4, 195: McLemore is the second-best prospect in the NBA Draft. Have another bad season and draft top 3 next season with a much better draft.
3. Wizards, Otto Porter, Georgetown, SF, 6-8, 200: Porter is coming off a season as the Big East Player of the Year.
4. Bobcats, Trey Burke, Michigan, PG, 6-1, 175: Best PG in the draft hands down, it’s a no brainer for MJ.
5. Suns, Anthony Bennett, UNLV, PF, 6-7, 240: An undersized power forward who can play some small forward. He is also dealing with injury.
25. Clippers, Erick Green, Virginia Tech, PG, 6’3, 180