- Crowd was more on the Lakers side at the beginning but seemed split 50/50 during the 4th when Clippers were going on a run.
- Blake Griffin started out the game in foul trouble and ended the half with only 2 points and a handful of rebounds. He was able to bounce back in the second half and finish the game with 18 points, 15 boards.
- Eric Gordon was MVP of the game, scoring 30 points and being clutch for the team in the end of the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th.
- 4th quarter, Vinny Del Negro used a 3 guard lineup featuring Eric Gordon, Baron Davis, and Randy Foye. The spacing was good and Foye and Gordon was able to make some crucial 3s to ice the game. VDN also stuck with Ike Diogu at the end of the game instead of DeAndre Jordan because of how well Ike was playing.
- Ike Diogu finished with 11 rebounds and 7 points. He would have had more points though if he was able to finish around the rim more during the second quarter.
- Little hostility at the end when Lamar Odom pulled Blake Griffin really hard while fighting for the rebound. Blake tried to walk away, Odom had some words for him, Baron Davis pushed Odom, huge altercation happened with Artest and Griffin breaking it up. All 4 players ended up being ejected from the game with 5 seconds left.
- Phil Jackson then calls a timeout while down by 9. Why?
- Ryan Gomes had a +/- of -17. Just want to mention that.
- Gasol fouled out of the game with only 13 points and 8 rebounds. I don’t really want to check if that’s been happening lately with Gasol or this is one of the few times.
- Lakers win the game of dunking because most of Bynum’s 18 points seemed to have come from dunks.
- Rookies Bledsoe and Aminu did not really have that good of a game today. But they get the rookie pass on bad games unlike other players on the team.
- Lakers had 33 FTA while Clippers only had 23. Lakers made 27 while Clippers only made 14. Free throw shooting really needs to improve with the Clips
- Get Lakers perspective here.
- I don’t really see the point with complaining about everything the Clippers announcers were saying when KCAL9 had the game on too with Lakers announcers. Oh and KCAL9 was also a local channel that everyone has.
- Clippers have won last 4 of 5 games and sits on a 14 and 25 record.
- February is coming up which means the month long road trip is almost here.
- February 3rd is also Chinese New Years for anyone interested.
- I start school next week on the 24th, not really looking forward to it but I need my education.
Next game is tomorrow afternoon against the Indiana Pacers. Pacers are currently 7th in the Eastern Conference despite a losing record. Let’s go!