Happy Holidays everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season or at least trying to survive out there in this world. Today was NBA’s Christmas spectacular where they have 5 top games on with Heat Vs. Lakers as the main attraction. Sadly to say for all those Lakers fans, they received a beat down. It’s funny how on Facebook, a lot of people were all “my Christmas is ruined because the Lakers lost!” I can understand a depression after a loss cause as a Clippers fan, I experience it all the time. But having Christmas ruined because of a basketball team? That’s kind of intense and over exaggerated. Christmas is all about family, friends, goodwill, and gifts. Not the Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, or any other sports franchise out there.
Anyways, now to preview the next game which is tomorrow and has the Phoenix Suns against the Los Angeles Clippers. I don’t really preview games much because some people do it a lot better than I do (like Steve Perrin of Clipsnation). The Suns are now without Jason Richardson, Turkoglu, and Earl Clark, but they have added Marcin Gortat, Vince Carter, and Mickael Pietrus. I personally think Jason Ricardson is worth more than Vince Carter and Pietrus combined which is why I think Magic got the better end of this deal. But Steve Nash is one of the best play making point guards in this league and I’m sure even he can make Vince Carter look good again.
Bullet Points Time
- The Suns thrive on a fast pace offense and can get away with not playing any defense. Luckily, the Clippers play a lot better on a fast pace setting too. I can see Eric Bledsoe having a great game here. If he can play tough defense and force some turnovers, the Clippers are in a good spot.
- Big men is gonna be Gortat and Robin Lopez vs. DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin. Robin Lopez once had a monster game against us before scoring 30 points but lightning doesn’t strike twice so I can’t see him doing that again. Gortat though has been a secret hidden away in Orlando so I don’t know how he’s going to do. Blake Griffin is going to go all in though if the pace of the game is at Knicks speed.
- Alvin Gentry has gotten way better as a coach ever since he left the Clippers. He can easily out coach Vinny on this game.
- Also, I hope VDN doesn’t pull another stupid move like benching Eric Gordon for 19 minutes of the first half. I still blame that move for why we lost the Rockets game.
- Baron Davis also needs to pass it to Eric Gordon more, especially in late game situations. I’m tired of him jacking up shots.
- Blake Griffin over/under on dunks? I say 4+, I’ll bet a cookie on it.
Happy Christmas Ya’ll!